What Do I Get as a Member of MAR?
Political advocacy is one of the most important services we provide to members. Our recent local advocacy efforts include:
- Calling on local waste water agencies to prepare ten-year action plans to take care of Marin’s sewer lateral problems once and for all.
- Working with groups and organizations in the community to help end the state’s light brown apple moth eradication program, which posed a threat to the quality of life in Marin and other communities.
- Reminding local elected officials and their staffs about their responsibility to provide full and complete disclosure to taxpayers. That’s why we worked with the California Association of REALTORS®, who agreed to sponsor legislation requiring local government agencies to post meeting agendas on their Web sites 72 hours before those meetings are held so they adhere to the Brown Act.
- Supporting efforts to allow property owners to remove the controversial PG&E smart meters, we were the first business organization in the state to ask for a temporary halt to the placement and activation of the devices.
- Advocating the protection of the traditional federal MID (mortgage interest deduction).
MAR is your source for professional education and business management information.
MAR offers seminars, workshops and special guest speakers on a wide range of topics, including distressed properties, license renewal, regional economic forecasts and street smart negotiating.
MAR's Professional Standards program is designed to help with dispute resolution and arbitrations. Disputes may involve alleged violations of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics or other issues the public may have when working with the organization's members to buy or sell a home.
MAR also handles arbitrations between members. To help ensure that all REALTORS® can compete on a level playing field, MAR issues citations for violating the NAR Code of Ethics. This free program for members is conducted in accordance with the policies and procedures of the National Association of REALTORS®. For more information contact Mary Anne Heffernan, Professional Standards Administrator at 415-507-1016.
- Free marketing reports by city, updated weekly
- Receive the weekly MAR Monday Memo email filled with important information to help you in your day to day business
- Attend and network at MAR's informative General Membership Meetings held bi-monthly on the second Tuesday.
- Receive member-only discounts on 400 products in MAR's store. We also offer a 15% discount on the first Friday of every month.
- Purchase mailing labels and/or rosters of MAR members for your office mailings.
- Use the valuable benefits you receive from CAR, including access to ZipForms, Digital Ink, ZipVault and more.
- Receive periodic updates on state legislation affecting REALTORS®.
- Access the CAR Legal Hotline for legal advice related to the real estate industry.
- Access healthcare and liability insurance through CAR programs.