Published Friday, January 15, 2021
California Housing Market Ends Year on High Note as Sales Continue Strong in December and Median Price Reaches Another Record High
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 509,750 in December on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 0.2 percent from November and up 28 percent from December 2019.
- December’s statewide median home price was more»
Published Sunday, January 3, 2021
An Extraordinary Year Calls for Extraordinary Reflection: Year-End Message from Marin REALTORS® President Cathy Youngling
An extraordinary year calls for a moment of reflection. I know, I know… 2020 has had its challenges. There have been challenges for all of us. But 2020 has also brought with it remarkable moments of clarity more»
Published Friday, December 18, 2020
Low rates, flexibility to work from home drives California home-buying interest to levels not seen since the last decade, C.A.R. reports
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 508,820 in November on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 5.0 percent from October and up 26.3 percent from November 2019.
- November’s statewide median home more»
Published Wednesday, November 18, 2020
San Rafael Adopts Temporary Measures to Address Resale Inspections
On Monday, November 16, 2020, San Rafael City Council adopted temporary measures for the Residential Building Inspection program. The San Rafael Building department will temporarily suspend the physical inspection portion of all Resale Requests from November 16, 2020 through May 16, 2021. more»
Published Thursday, November 12, 2020
Twenty-eight percent of California households could afford to purchase the $693,680 median-priced home in the third quarter of 2020, down from 33 percent in second-quarter 2020 and down from 31 percent a year ago.
A minimum annual income of $127,200 was needed to make monthly payments of $3,180, including principal, interest, and taxes on a 30-year more»
Published Monday, November 9, 2020
While from the November 3rd election have been a large story on the national stage, the Marin REALTORS® has been following several local elections.
Congressman Jared Huffman and State Assembly member Marc Levine won re-election. The following Marin REALTORS endorsed candidates won their election
Kate Colin was elected Mayor of San Rafael. Barbara Coler more»
Published Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Marin County is graduating from “red” to “orange” status within the State of California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, allowing some businesses to reopen for the first time, while others can expand their operating capacity, effective yesterday.
Our initial read is that this does not alter or change the current real estate more»
Published Monday, October 19, 2020
California housing market outperforms expectations, breaking record high median price for fourth straight month, C.A.R. reports
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 489,590 in September on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 5.2 percent from August and up 21.2 percent from September 2019.
- September’s statewide median home price was more»