Friday, May 14, 2021, 12:00 pm
C.A.R. has updated its guidance on open house protocols to help members comply with the new guidance released by the California Dept. of Public Health earlier this week. A new Quick Guide providing additional details has been released as well.
The following changes have been made to open house protocols, effective immediately:
- Open Houses: Advertising open houses, without qualifiers, is allowed and appointments for open houses are no longer required.
- Social Distancing: Showings, including open houses, are somewhat relaxed under the new social gatherings guidelines but still include social distancing between members of different households while attending an open house, and are subject to capacity issues depending on the tier of the county where the house is located. Please refer to local guidelines for this information.
- Signing In: There will still be a sign-in requirement on site. The new Property Sign-In (PSI) form can be used for this purpose. However, you can still use a PEAD instead of the on-site sign-in if you prefer. See the new Quick Guide for more details.
- Forms: C.A.R. has simplified and shortened the Rules of Entry (PRE), Prevention Plan (BPPP), and the Property Sign-in (PSI) form as an alternative to PEADS. There also is an addendum to the listing agreement LOHA reflecting the changed protocols. This form is necessary if the parties had previously signed the RLA-CAA, which did not allow for open houses. New listings should also include this addendum if the listing broker wants to hold open houses.
- PEADS: The PEADS have been combined and simplified into one shorter PEAD-ALL form that is available if members prefer to use it instead of on-site sign-in protocols.
The newly revised forms PRE, BPPP, PEAD, as well as the new Property Sign-in PSI form and new Listing Addendum LOHA form will all be available on zipForm as soon as possible.
In the interim, a PDF of each of these is available here. Members may still use the current forms that are on zipForm if they choose until the new ones are released.
We anticipate further announcements impacting real estate showings of all kinds and will communicate once it becomes available. We will be communicating any relevant changes as quickly as we can.
Please check with your brokerage about guidance on showings and before scheduling any in-person open houses.