Published Friday, February 19, 2021
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 484,730 in January on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, down 4.9 percent from December and up 22.5 percent from January 2020.
- January’s statewide median home price was $699,890, down 2.5 percent from December and up 21.7 percent from January 2020.
- The statewide Unsold Inventory Index was 1.5 more»
Published Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Housing affordability for Black California Households is Half That of Whites, Illustrating Persistent Wide Homeownership Gap and Wealth Disparities, C.A.R. Reports
Less than one in five Black California households could afford to purchase the $659,380 statewide median-priced home in 2020, compared to two in five white California households who could afford more»
Published Monday, February 1, 2021
Your Feedback Wanted: Corte Madera Hosting Virtual Public Workshops February 3rd and 4th
The Town of Corte Madera is holding Virtual Public Workshops and Community Discussion Sessions this week (February 1 - 5) for public input on their Climate Adaptation Plan. Links to the meetings on Wednesday, February 3rd and Thursday, February 4th as well as as more»
Published Friday, January 29, 2021
The City of San Rafael is presenting two proposed fire prevention ordinance amendments for first reading at the City Council hearing on February 1st. These proposed amendments address items 1, 2, and 3 in the Wildfire Action Plan (August 2020) to establish citywide vegetation standards, and also to establish the a 'parking box' program on select streets to more»
Published Friday, January 15, 2021
California Housing Market Ends Year on High Note as Sales Continue Strong in December and Median Price Reaches Another Record High
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 509,750 in December on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 0.2 percent from November and up 28 percent from December 2019.
- December’s statewide median home price was more»
Published Sunday, January 3, 2021
An Extraordinary Year Calls for Extraordinary Reflection: Year-End Message from Marin REALTORS® President Cathy Youngling
An extraordinary year calls for a moment of reflection. I know, I know… 2020 has had its challenges. There have been challenges for all of us. But 2020 has also brought with it remarkable moments of clarity more»
Published Friday, December 18, 2020
Low rates, flexibility to work from home drives California home-buying interest to levels not seen since the last decade, C.A.R. reports
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 508,820 in November on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 5.0 percent from October and up 26.3 percent from November 2019.
- November’s statewide median home more»
Published Wednesday, November 18, 2020
San Rafael Adopts Temporary Measures to Address Resale Inspections
On Monday, November 16, 2020, San Rafael City Council adopted temporary measures for the Residential Building Inspection program. The San Rafael Building department will temporarily suspend the physical inspection portion of all Resale Requests from November 16, 2020 through May 16, 2021. more»