Published Thursday, April 1, 2021
California REALTORS® Applaud Biden Administration’s Transportation and Infrastructure Bill That Addresses Nation’s Severe Housing Shortage
LOS ANGELES (March 31) – The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) today issued the following statement in response to the inclusion of creating, preserving and retrofitting of more than more»
Published Tuesday, March 16, 2021
California home sales and prices ease but strong buying interest continues to provide support to the market as sales record eighth straight year-over-year gain, C.A.R. reports
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 462,720 in February on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, down 4.5 percent from January and up 9.7 percent from February 2020.
Published Friday, February 19, 2021
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 484,730 in January on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, down 4.9 percent from December and up 22.5 percent from January 2020.
- January’s statewide median home price was $699,890, down 2.5 percent from December and up 21.7 percent from January 2020.
- The statewide Unsold Inventory Index was 1.5 more»
Published Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Housing affordability for Black California Households is Half That of Whites, Illustrating Persistent Wide Homeownership Gap and Wealth Disparities, C.A.R. Reports
Less than one in five Black California households could afford to purchase the $659,380 statewide median-priced home in 2020, compared to two in five white California households who could afford more»
Published Monday, February 1, 2021
Your Feedback Wanted: Corte Madera Hosting Virtual Public Workshops February 3rd and 4th
The Town of Corte Madera is holding Virtual Public Workshops and Community Discussion Sessions this week (February 1 - 5) for public input on their Climate Adaptation Plan. Links to the meetings on Wednesday, February 3rd and Thursday, February 4th as well as as more»
Published Friday, January 29, 2021
The City of San Rafael is presenting two proposed fire prevention ordinance amendments for first reading at the City Council hearing on February 1st. These proposed amendments address items 1, 2, and 3 in the Wildfire Action Plan (August 2020) to establish citywide vegetation standards, and also to establish the a 'parking box' program on select streets to more»
Published Friday, January 15, 2021
California Housing Market Ends Year on High Note as Sales Continue Strong in December and Median Price Reaches Another Record High
- Existing, single-family home sales totaled 509,750 in December on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate, up 0.2 percent from November and up 28 percent from December 2019.
- December’s statewide median home price was more»
Published Sunday, January 3, 2021
An Extraordinary Year Calls for Extraordinary Reflection: Year-End Message from Marin REALTORS® President Cathy Youngling
An extraordinary year calls for a moment of reflection. I know, I know… 2020 has had its challenges. There have been challenges for all of us. But 2020 has also brought with it remarkable moments of clarity more»